Monday 1 May 2017

Laughter: The Things We Do for the People We Love

   Good Monday dear readers! I hope you all had the chance to rest up a little over the weekend because it seems as though this week will be either much too long, or much to short. We never seem to be able to get just the right length, but at least we know that eventually, Friday will come.

   I had quite the eventful weekend as I road tripped to Timmins, Ontario to meet up with friends on Saturday night to celebrate all of our achievements. There were a number of us from our Iceland trip (that I hadn't seen since then), as well as some new faces I'm sure to see again in the near future. From one end of the province to the next, I had decided to do the drive a little over a week and a half ago because I knew that I missed that group of friends. It was a great night, and the drive back Sunday was a little more painful than anticipated. I did however get the chance to spend a little more time with my brother and father (since I probably won't be able to see them for quite some time because of my travels and because of work), but it's when we discovered that Gen's flight back to Kingston got cancelled that things got even more interesting. We decided to drive to Ottawa together, and that she'd grab a train from Ottawa to Kingston early this morning (and by early, I mean before the sunrise). So that's what we did, but the drive back to Ottawa yesterday was spent in a constant rain pour. The drive from Timmins to Sudbury was cloudy, but dry at least. We were also passengers during this drive, instead of the actual drivers.

   I don't know what it is, whether it's fate or just some sort of unfortunate joke at my expense, but 8 times out of 10, when I drive back to Ottawa from somewhere, it's always either raining, snowing or hailing the WHOLE DRIVE BACK. Yesterday was no exception. I don't know if it's a sign or not, but I'd really like for once that the end of my adventures wouldn't be prone to precipitation. There's nothing I can do about that, but I just can't help laugh when it seems like my drives back turn into those corny endings of rom-coms (all sad, rainy and with depressing instrumental music playing in the background).

   Either way, I have no regrets and I take full responsibility for the situations I get myself into. The reason I'm so okay with all of this (despite how exhausted I am) is even if I'm physically (and possibly mentally) tired, is that I get emotionally recharged. I don't mind going to great lengths to spend time with people who mean the most to me, or to help them out whenever needed. Those who are close to me can attest to that, but it's also because I know that they'd do the same for me. So I hope you either have people like this in your lives dearest readers, or that you find them soon, because everything and anything is worth doing when it's for the people you love!

K.P.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment