Monday 31 July 2017

Love: The Island is Calling, and I Must Go

   Good morning dearest readers, and how quickly time passes by when we are busy living our lives. It feels like it was just last week that I came back from my wonderful trip in Ireland, and wrote out the latest post. But as I checked the timeline, I had written it in early June, and now, we are on the last day of July. I'd like to apologize to my regular readers who check the blog almost daily in hopes there'll be new articles, when there aren't often. I'm so happy that the blog has reached a substantial amount of people (substantial in my books at least), but since starting this blog, I've committed to other writing opportunities. Some of you are aware of them (having read previous articles) but for those who are not, I am currently writing for two blogs (this one and another travel themed blog), creating content for an online magazine (which is being released shortly), participating in an online mentorship with a Canadian author, composing a poetry collection I'm trying to publish, as well as simultaneously write 4 different stories while 7 others are in need of editing. Let's just say that my plate is full at the moment.

   That being said, I don't want to neglect anything, but even super heroes need downtime every once in a while. I need to recharge my body, mind and soul, and what better way to do that than to go to the place that allows just that. Yes, it's that time of year again where I finally get to go back to Manitoulin Island. Though so many wonderful things happened last year, one thing my summer didn't allow was my annual vacation to the Island. Strangely enough, that is where I realized that some time off in my favorite place was necessary since it was harder to recuperate without that week. Now, being given the chance to go back at least for one last time, I've found myself dreaming of the peaceful week ahead. A simple life of lakeside luxury, relaxing reading and family fun.

   Even though these past couple of months have been the easiest to deal with, the knowledge that I'd be able to go back has been the light at the end of the tunnel. It's almost impossible to describe the feeling, the anticipation of going back. With dreams almost every night, a few pictures hovering in the background, and sweet memories playing on repeat in my head, the island calling to me has never been louder, and I'm listening with open ears and a happy heart.

   Everyone should have a place that makes them feel like one trip to it can fix anything and everything. Whether this place is the same are mine, or you've got some place else, it's a necessity to have one available. And don't forget, this can be a physical place, or even a person, or a spot in your very own home. Some are a little more easily accessed than hours, but a necessity nonetheless. So find your own island, and listen to it carefully. It lets you know when you need it; so don't keep it waiting my dear readers!



K.P.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment