Wednesday 4 January 2017

Love: Aspire to Inspire

   Good morning my dearest readers and Happy New Year! As we welcome 2017 and ready our resolutions I find myself more excited than ever. As many were happy to bid farewell to the ominous 2016 with all of its wretchedness, I like to look back on it and remember the wonders it offered me. As you know, I'm positively positive about everything, so why should one unfortunate year be any different to me.

   In 2016, I graduated from university. I travelled to Iceland and made incredible friends. I celebrated my grandparents 55th wedding anniversary in Newfoundland with them as I drove them around. I interviewed for good jobs and worked on integrating myself into the workplace. I got spontaneously hired for one of the largest (if not THE largest) french-canadian youth NGO. I moved into a new and beautiful apartment near a beach. I met incredible people and made close friends from all around Canada. I got promoted at work. Met an incredible author. Started writing for a new blog. Got offered to be a partner on two new writing projects. Started writing a new novel. Completed a new poetry collection on my typewriter. Continued my volunteering on the OAR. Surprised my mom at her retirement party and got asked to be my best friend's maid of honour. With all of that good, I don't think it's necessary to dwell on the few moments that weren't perfect.

   Because of this, I've resolved to maintain my resolutions that revolve around me for once. I plan on calling family and friends once a week (minimum) and to write once a week for me. Simple yet achievable. And through it all, it'll push me to keep working on the dreams and goals I haven't prioritized for far too long. I think it's time I let myself be for once.

   Doing this, I hope will set me on the right track. I hope that my attitude, and my work, and my writing will then inspire. I will aspire to inspire others, and I will aspire to be inspired by others. It's how I get my best work done, and it's how I get my best ideas. I've come to realize that when I allow myself to let myself through seep my writing, I create works that I am genuinely proud of and can see being successful. I've seen the way I must try to work this year my dear readers, and I hope you have found your sign as well. If you haven't had it yet, then here it is; I'm offering it to you. Aspire to let it inspire you and let this year allow you to do the things you've always dreamed of accomplishing. The time is now, or it is never.

K.P.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment