Saturday 22 November 2014

Laugter: Bored Baker

   Good evening my dearest readers and I hope you are all enjoying the snow if you have gotten any. Personally, we've only gotten a few centimeters in Ottawa and I'm waiting for more. Though Fall is my favourite season, Winter is a close second because I absolutely love the cold, the snow and all of the things you can do outside in the snow and cold. It might seem odd to some people but I was born and bread in the North, and it's where my heart will remain.
   Now I didn't start this entry today to go on about things I like or things I miss, but rather about my incredible ability to distract myself. I'm slowly transitioning into the up and coming exam season, but I find myself in a quaint, festive mood. It's unfortunate that things so wonderful like Christmas, family and snow have to be put in the time period as horrible things like exams, evaluations and essays. To get my mind off of the bad and unto the hopeful, I find myself baking several different things throughout the week. I've made a lemon poppy seed cake, some banana chocolate chip muffins, apple turnovers as well as other various recipes.
   Oddly enough, this puts me at ease and gives me courage to continue attacking the mountain of finals that are confronting me. I don't think of it as procrastination (because some people might call it that) but rather an attempt to maintain and preserve my sanity. That is something to be admired rather than reprimanded.
   So if you find yourself at odds with your workload, try picking up a box of cake mix, or cookies and give your house a pleasant aroma to ease your mind into the hell that will be hard work. Plus, a bonus is that you'll have a treat to reward yourself once you're done. There's always a silver lining my dear readers, and it's up to you to take advantage of it.

K.P.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment