Thursday 21 May 2015

Laughter: Restrictions Do Apply

   Good morning my dearest readers and I hope you all had the chance to rest a while yesterday. Today is the first day that I haven't woken up before 6:00am this whole week and I'm feeling quite refreshed. I would describe myself as being a morning person, and I don't think there's a more beautiful time of day than sunrise, but a girl still has to sleep.
   I figured I haven't told you all a funny story in a quite some time so I thought that my first morning back would be a good time to start it off. And wouldn't you all be surprised to know that this funny story includes my roommate Riley. Summer has officially started and Katie has gone back home as well as going on a trip so that she can practice her french. Riles and I are both working in Ottawa for the next three and a half months; I'm at the university like always, and Riles works at a VIP movie theater (fancy right?) so things are busy, and there are even weeks where we barely see each other because our schedules are opposites. As unfortunate as that may be, there are perks that come with his job. One of the perks is that he has a little adorable hat that he has to wear as part of his uniform and it makes him look like little kid going to the park with his parents. Aside from that, he also gets movie passes that allows us to go see free movies. Before we went to see our first movie, Riley made me agree to certain terms and conditions that I must follow every time we go out to a movie. When it's all three of us during the year, I don't have to follow his rules because Katie is there and if he gets embarrassed, he can just pretend that he doesn't know me, but when it's just the two of us, that excuse doesn't exactly work anymore.
   The reason Riles established rules for our public movie viewing is because I am a person who is intrigued easily as well as confused relatively easily when it comes to story plots; (the most ironic statement from an avid reader yet). I'm also a person who is used to making small comments with Katie when we're at home watching shows together, so that tends to transfer to films (whether public or at home). And finally, I have very distinctive laughs (that's right, I've been gifted with many) and I have a tendency to laugh at the most inappropriate moments. You roll all of that into one movie, and you have one very embarrassed Riley. Katie on the other hand, loves my quirks and loves to see Riley embarrassed so she encourages me. I'm getting much better so that people around me (other than Riles) don't get annoyed, so usually I try to pick a spot that's far away from everyone if I can. And so the rules that I have to follow are basically making me do the complete opposite of everything I usually do during movies or shows. It's going to take practice but I'm already much better. I've never had to work so hard for a free movie in my life!
   Anyways, I do what I can with what I have and it's the effort that counts, right? It might be more tempting to embarrass people in public (especially if they're like Riley) but know that whatever you do always comes back to you. On a last side note, these rules do not apply to the previews and believe me when I say that I use that to my full advantage! Until I write again my dearest readers;


K.P.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment