Tuesday 26 May 2015

Love: Going Green

   Good morning my dear readers, I hope you are all doing well and that the weather is just absolutely gorgeous. I had a good night last night since I went to a VIP movie with Riles. Not only did we see a really good movie, we had food delivered straight to us; can't get any better than that! I've been trying to go out more often and to spend time outside of my apartment. Don't get me wrong, I love to stay inside with a good book, or have TV show marathons, but a little fresh air never killed anyone.
   Since I had so much fun yesterday, there is another fun event happening Saturday night AND it's on my university campus. This event ties back to the title of the entry. No it is nothing about environmentalism but actually with my identity. It is a franco-ontarian night that celebrates our 400th anniversary. Some of the most famous and dedicated franco-ontarian performers are going to perform at a coffee shop where one of them is a group of indie singers, another is a comedy duo and the last is a spoken word poet and rapper. I'm going with some people from work, and though last summer I had my group, this summer is different, but just as good in its own way.
   I used to say "j'ai le sang vert" which directly translates to "I have green blood". I don't say it as often now, but it doesn't mean that my pride in my franco-ontarian identity has diminished; no, quite the contrary. But now I pride myself on my bilingualism as well. Being part of something does not diminish your value or reduces you to the norm, it adds to your identity and makes you unique. We are who we are, regardless of who we know and what we do.


K.P.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment