Tuesday 23 June 2015

Literature: Leap of Faith

   Good afternoon dearest readers! I am busy, a little stressed but I`m always keeping a smile on my face. Sometimes a positive attitude can help you along the day, and sometimes good news can give you a bigger boost. This is exactly what happened to me this week.

   Working together with so many different people for so many different opportunities has allowed me to talk with many about my passion for writing and reading. It`s a common known fact back home that I plan on becoming a published writer. Now this knowledge has sparked ideas in the mind of few, and one of these few people had connections with the industry. I had worked a leadership camp with this woman, and her friend worked for a well-known magazine. She was gracious enough to send me her friend`s email so that I could ask her my questions on the industry and what it takes to make it in this ever changing world.

   There is one thing that I've acknowledged about myself, and that is my problem with change. I hate making difficult decisions because it brings about change. I hate the uncertainty of it all, and how it makes me feel like I could fall without a safety net. More and more this year (more this summer) I've been putting myself out there and taking these leaps of faith into the great, ever-changing abyss of the unknown. It takes a lot out of me, but I'm still surprised by how it's beneficial in the long-run. I contacted the woman from the magazine and she gave me great advice, and became a future contact and reference. What did I lose by talking to her? Nothing. Not even time was wasted because it brought me closer to where I wanted to be.

   It's obvious now that these kinds of leaps will be more frequent in the future, but I'm starting to get adrenaline from the free fall. I'm enjoying the breeze and the view. In an industry when chances are few but the success can be great, you have to be willing to try things you've never done to get to places that you've never been.

   So I encourage you my dear readers to take a chance on the thing that's been swaying in the back of your mind for a while now; whether it's asking out that cute guy you've been thinking about, or asking for a promotion at work, or maybe even trying out a new hobby. However uncertain, scary or unforgivable change might seem, it's the one thing that will make sure that you get to the place you want to be in your life.

K.P.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment