Wednesday 24 June 2015

Love: My Body is my Temple

   Hello my dear readers and what a good day this is. The weather is turning around, and though I am never one to complain about a rainy day (since they're perfect for reading) we all need a little sunshine.
   This past weekend, I was fortunate enough to have my father visit me on father's day. I hadn't seen him in a while, and if he didn't come and visit then, I wouldn't have seen him until August since he is a travelling man. Even if the world is his oyster, it doesn't mean that I don't miss him. He gets my sense of humor, he's great when it comes to talking through a choice I have to make, and he always makes sure that I've got everything I need; whether it's help fixing my computer, making sure my apartment isn't so hot as to prevent me from sleeping, or making sure my bike is running smoothly and safely. My dad is a great man.
   And on this visit, my father brought along a book to help me get healthier; to kick start a healthy habit. It's not always easy to start, but once you've got a habit, it's harder to quit it. So following my father's example, I've started a kick-start metabolism food plan. I've been on this plan for three days now and I haven't felt this good in a while. I've also struggled with exercising more because I'm tired when I get home after work, and if Riles is to, well I want to hang out with him since we don't see each other often. So I've resolved that the nights that he's working, I will exercise. It's a simple commitment that will make a big difference.
   I've heard many times that "your body is your temple" and now I'm actually following that mantra. It's not dieting; it's healthy living. I figured I might as well be healthy since I plan on living long enough to accomplish all of the amazing things I'm setting out to do.
   If you're having a hard time starting a healthy habit, get someone to help you out to make sure that you're sticking to it. It's good for reminders, but in the end dearest readers, you will be the one who will push yourself to accomplish what you want. There will be no harder critic than you, so why not impress yourself?

K.P.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment