Thursday 6 October 2016

Literature: The Things Stories Are Made Of

   Good morning my dearest readers! With the weekend fast approaching, it is time to look back on the one that just passed. I've been feeling a little under the weather lately but I'm looking forward to going home this weekend and visiting my family and friends for Thanksgiving. It might not be too relaxing since there's always something to do, but a change of scenery could be just the thing I need.

   With that being said, that is exactly what Nicole and I did this past Saturday. We've taken walks on the beach to talk and get some air, and I met up with Riles for dinner last night to catch up on what we've been up to. But sometimes, I find myself needing to go a little further away, and a little more secluded. So Nicole and I headed to Gatineau park and went to the site of the ruins of an abandoned building. Not only was it really interesting to stand there in the midst of it all, but I couldn't help but wonder all of the stories that place could have inspired. My imagination was running a million miles an hour just exploring upstream from it.

   I've always been someone to see unconventional things in plain sight; to notice things that others don't, and imagine things that people wouldn't. I count it as a blessing more than a curse. I've had morbid plots develop from sunny settings, or a remarkable touching moment from an abandoned site. With that, I guess I don't always want to see things as they are, but imagine them as they could be. Maybe that's why I'm always so optimistic about things.

   So if ever you find yourself exploring, or even just walking down the street, turn off your music, open your eyes and look around you. See things not as they are, but as they could be, and you will notice the magic that lingers in all things my dear readers!




K.P.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment