Wednesday 28 September 2016

Laughter: I've Got Mail!

   Good morning dearest readers! With a little bit of coffee in my system, I feel like I can finally take on the day. I've been working on a new song to post very soon to the blog since I haven't had the chance to put one up in a while; so please stand by for that one!

   Other than that, I've been busy at work ever since I completed one of the most busy weekends of my life. The things discussed and resolutions adopted were inspiring and I can't wait to see what the future will bring. I am blessed to be part of an organization where I get to witness first hand the change we are working towards. So as I settled into my work routine once more, a most happy occasion took place yesterday. Though I am one to get excited about the little things in life, I do enjoy every moment of my job. One of the things I like is getting the mail. I know, it may seem a little odd, but I like getting mail (whether it's at work or at home) because I find it a more thoughtful way to communicate with one another. Though sometimes it's good to leave a paper trail, it shows me that you took some extra time instead of simply clicking a button.

   With that being said, yesterday was the very first time ever that I received a letter in the mail at work addressed to me! Though it was just a promotional invitation, I contemplated framing it and putting it on the corner of my desk. It isn't much (and might seem a little silly to most), but to me, this officially shows that I'm part of the office. That I'm an employee at the FJCF. That I belong here. Once I stopped laughing to myself and taped the enveloppe to the side of my desk, I continued my work with a smile playing on my lips. Sometimes my dear readers, it only takes a little to make a big difference!

K.P.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment