Saturday 5 November 2016

Love: "Love Will Always Be"

   Salutations on this Saturday dearest readers! The weekend has finally arrived and I'm taking the time today to catch up on a few entries for the blog. It seems as though my time is a little more in demand lately, but I'm not really complaining. I'm happy to be writing on more than one platform now, but I will always make the time to write on my own. After all, I've got readers to update and to entertain with the shenanigans I get into!

   Despite my busy schedule, I've finally managed to record one of the two new songs I wrote recently. I realized that I haven't posted one in a while, but writing songs is not as easy as I may make it look. The songs was inspired by a quote I liked from the play "For Life", where an actress said that she wanted to be told she was loved, but at the same time, she didn't want to hear it because nowadays people use "I Love You" more as a salutation than as the declaration it should be.

   Maybe it resonated with me because of my lack of luck in romance in the past, but I found that I needed to find a way to express how I felt about it. And so, I came up with this song. It outlines our expectations of love, what we wrestle with, what we settle with, but that through it all, we always have hope for it.

That my dearest readers is beautiful, inspiring and a little bit tragic all in itself.



K.P.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment