Thursday 26 February 2015

Literature: Bilingual Bonus

   Good morning dearest readers and what a glorious day it is! I am embarking on a literary adventure this morning as I prepare myself to enter my first ever french writing competition. It's university wide and its purpose is to find the one person who will represent the university on a provincial level next fall.
   Whether I'm at work or simply talking to someone about what it is that I do, there always seems to be this kind of contradiction. Yes, I am a francophone who studies english. Yes, I am a francophone who writes mostly in english. Now I can add on the statement: yes, I am a francophone who studies english and writes mostly in english, and who only gets published in french and participates in french competitions. What can I say, I've got lots of layers.
   The big lesson in all of this is to not let what you do define who you are. You are a person with many faces, and many interests and that's okay. One day you might get recognized for it, and you might not. As long as you recognize that what you do is important, that's all that truly matters in the end.

K.P.H.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment