Sunday 1 March 2015

Literature: Pretty for the Press

   Good evening my dearest readers! I am getting ready for my big week and if all goes well, I'll be having some exciting news to publish very soon. The suspense is necessary for a good reveal; a story is simply not a good story without one.
   I've been volunteering a lot lately and trying things I've never done to get some experience under my belt. Whether it's participating in a French writing competition or helping organize a variety show, it seems that I've done it all in the past couple of weeks. More effort is demanded of me this week but on the up side, my mom is coming to visit soon. Silver lining my friends!
   With all of that wonderfully stated, I arrive at the topic for today's post. One of the many things I did for the first time was to be interviewed by a newspaper for something related to my writing. Sure it was only one of our school's papers but it's a start. The article talks about my time using the Writer-in-Residence program last year and how it helped me get to where I am today (which is a whole lot further than I could have imagined before). It was fun just to talk about my writing and the steps I've been taking to reach my end goal.
   For all of those people who still scoff at me when I say I'm an English student...well I WILL be able to get a job in the field I want and I'll be damn good at it too! Everything seems impossible until it's done my dear readers, so why not be the first to prove them wrong? Check out the short article and maybe, just maybe you'll be inspired to be featured for your own special talent.

Campus Program Opens Door for English Student

K.P.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment