Wednesday 11 March 2015

Laughter: The Week After the Wonder

   Good morning my dearest readers! I have the time today to take a few minutes to post on the blog. I've been reading non-stop so I'm giving my eyes a little break. My mom came to visit me during the weekend and it was quite the weekend in deed.
   She arrived in Ottawa on Friday and the fun started then and there. We went out to dinner and talked. It doesn't seem like a wild night, but it's never a dull moment when having conversations with my mom. Saturday was an eventful day. We started off our day with a little bit of exercise followed by a grocery trip to get Lucky Charms since it's a tradition in our family to eat the cereal on St. Patrick's Day (since she can't be there on the actual day, she prepared in advance). We checked in to my mom's hotel and my little cousin Aphelele came to visit. We went swimming and just spent some quality time with each other. After that, we did a little more shopping because I need new clothes for summer. The reason being... (drum roll) I got the job as Head Ambassador!!! It's super exciting and this weekend was not only a reunion but a time of celebration. After shopping, we went to a new restaurant (since my mom needs to do someone she's never done every single say) and then we walked a good 3km back to the hotel. We watched "Into the Woods" not knowing it was a musical and laughed through it all. Don't get me, it was a pretty good movie, just not at all what we expected. The last day, we did more shopping, more walking, had breakfast at the hotel and vegged out at my place until it was time to go over to my aunt's house for dinner. More quality family time.
   As the weekend progressed, my mother and I realized that we laughed more and more at the simple things, but also at the funny things that kept happening. I guess we're just a magnet for fun stories. So I encourage you to have a weekend of good times, and take advantage of the time you have with those you love because those are the stories you're going tell other people.

K.P.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment