Wednesday 17 February 2016

Love: Snowshoes and Sunshine

   Good evening dearest readers and I apologize for the slight delay on this week's post. I was able to go back home for my Reading Week, and I've just been so busy and getting new material to post about that I completely forgot to post it. I'm proud to say that the blog has now passed the 3000 mark with original views, and I figured that that deserved a new adventure. So with that, let me tell you about the wonders of the great white North.

   Growing up in Northern Ontario, I've learned to love and even eagerly anticipate every new snowfall. I love a soft cold that allows for good times outside and winter sports. I enjoy snowmobiling, skiing (both cross-country and downhill), amongst other snow-related activities but I had never gone snowshoeing. My parents had both gotten new pairs last winter and found some trails a little further out of the city. After a Monday morning of cross-country skiing, my mother asked me if I'd like to join her snowshoeing in the trails in the back of our house. I knew I liked snow, and I definitely like shoes, so the rational thing to do was to try out an activity that combines those two things. And as to be expected, I loved it. I even tried running a bit in them (and I actually managed a small distance) before I tumbled forward and left my mark in the fresh powder on the side of the trail.

   Snowshoeing is something that I like so much that (even though it's only Wednesday), I've been every day since for a good dose of fresh, cold air. Change, and trying new things can be good, but you'll never know how you feel about something without giving it a shot. So if you like snow and shoes as much as I do, maybe this is something perfect for you that you never thought of before. Find a new adventure dearest readers and let it inspire you because great adventures make for better stories.
 

 



K.P.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment