Monday 16 June 2014

Literature: A Free Mind is a Great One

   Good evening dearest readers, I hope you all had a wonderful Monday. I sure did since it was the first official Monday that I did not have to go to class previously. Ever since I've completed my exam last Friday, I've taken advantage of the weekend to give my mind a rest; but apparently it cannot stand inactivity for too long or else it starts to retaliate.
   This weekend I worked on the Saturday, did my groceries and had a movie marathon with Riley. Sunday started off with a hike in Gatineau park with a friend of mine, followed by a lunch and another period of rest. Once 8:30 hit, I was lying in bed watching America's Funniest Home Video's for an hour and a half. Now the trouble happened when I found myself unable to sleep for the following hour. Your mind always does the opposite of what you want it to, and for me, it started linking together a very interesting train of thought during the time I was supposed to be sleeping. I also knew that the idea was good and that I'd be too afraid to loose it with the uncertainty of sleep therefore I had to write it down. So I took a good half hour to write down every little thread that accompanied the thought, and immediately after the last word was written, I found slumber.
   The point of this is that if you feel like you're having a creative block, try doing nothing for a period of time until inspiration can no longer stand the inactivity. For some who have ignored the creative flow, it might take more than 36 hours, but it will arrive none the less. Because of this gracious mishap, I've chosen my first book to read this summer (Beatrice and Virgil by Yann Martel) and I've been blessed with another story to write. I don't know how this one will end, let alone pick up from the introduction, but I know that this one will speak and evolve with not only myself as the writer, but also with its reader.
   Without quite knowing the context, nor the essence behind it, I ask you dearest readers to chose from the four different titles below, which one appeals to you the most. Two of them are similar, but please comment on the one you'd be more likely to pick up in the store simply by its title. I appreciate every little help I can get, and since the "I Am Grateful" project worked wonderfully, I'm sure your creative insights will prove wonderful as well. Remember dearest readers to keep your mind open so that what is locked behind trivial things can awaken you and lighten the way to a completely different path.

Choose one:
-Remain Nameless (not to be biased but this is my favorite)
-Remaining Nameless
-A Disappearing Breed
-Though I May Wander

K.P.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment