Wednesday 21 January 2015

Love: Dearest Daphné

   Good morning my dear readers and I hope you are all a little excited that we are already halfway through the week. I know that I've been neglecting the blog a little lately, but I did however warn you all that I'd be pretty busy with this semester. All of that aside, on this 21st day of January, I'm taking the time to think about one of my best friends and to wish her happy travels.
   This summer (as you might remember) I got to work with an incredible team of people who have left their mark on me all in their own way. These are the kinds of people that I know that I will remain friends with even if there's many provinces separating us. Today, my dear Daphné is setting off on an incredible journey to South America for four months. I applaud her courage and admire her so much. Françoise will be joining her at the end of her trip and the two of them will celebrate their graduations living life to the fullest. I can say that I will miss them both terribly, but I still have Françoise for this semester.
   Though I know that it might seem scary for them, and at times the road might be tough, but I've never met stronger and more resolved women than this. They have given me the wanderlust urge and now I've started to plan my own trip.
   I've come to realize during Christmas break and throughout this past year especially that not everybody is meant to stay in your life; that some are meant to be there for a little time to help you, or so that you can be of use to them. It's okay to let these people go. But then you have these special kinds of friendships that can last a lifetime and conquer miles. Those are the ones that you should strive to keep my dear readers because they are the ones that will sustain you and make you realize what's really worth in life.
   So on this, your last day in Canada for some time my dearest Daphné, I wish you safe travels and to know that I will be thinking of you always. You're not only my best friend, but a role model to whom I aspire to be. I love you very much my dear and I'll see you in four months.

K.P.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment