Saturday 3 January 2015

Laughter: Giggle Genetics

   Good evening my dearest readers and I hope that you have all been enjoying yourselves during you holidays. I know that many of you have already returned to work and that most of you will be rejoining the workforce or the academic force on Monday. Like I mentioned before, I still have an entire week before I have to go back to school which I absolutely love.
   This Laughter post is literally about laughing. Yesterday, my parents and I went to Sault-Ste-Marie to go skiing and since my dad still had to work in the morning, we decided to keep all of our energy for today. However, since we were staying the night, we went to have dinner at Wacky Wings which is a franchise restaurant that started there in the Sault. With that being said, the food was good but at a time during our meal (and for the life of me I can't remember what had been said) but something was extremely funny that I burst out laughing. What was even better was the fact that that wasn't even the funniest part. As I'm trying to compose myself, my parents realized that my signature laugh was both of their combined to which they both started laughing. It was a melodious and somewhat orchestrated build up of laughter. People were obviously staring at us like we were a bunch a maniacs but everything after that was just so funny.
   I think the lesson here is not that there might a be a possibility that you inherit your folks' laughter (but who knows, you might already have) but that you must not skip on an opportunity to laugh wholeheartedly. So many memories are made when we least expect it and it's in those moments that our lives are made.

K.P.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment