Friday 16 January 2015

Love: The Glass is Half Empty?

   Good morning my dear readers! As you have all probably deduced already from my minimum amount of entries, I am back at school with a full class schedule and heading into work as well. As i visited my mom today since she's in town for a conference, I stumbled upon an interesting article. 
   For the longest time (and it still remains to be so to this day), I dream of living in the woods, in a quaint little cabin with the bare necessities. I've been blessed with a life of comfort and luxury, but I wouldn't mind downsizing. A lot of people want more for their kids than what they have, but maybe they don't actually need more to be happy; they might possibly need less to see exactly how lucky they are and to realize what they have. The article I read and have posted the link at the bottom refers to 80 things we do to not feel empty insde, and yet these things seem to make it worse. 
   This post is not intended to put you in a depressed mood but to make you think. I do a number of these things and I can add to the things I wish to improve about myself. I want to be proud of who I am and feel secure when I tell people that my dream is to live in a cabin in the woods by a lake, and work from home, so I can be surrounded by nature and everything that makes me happy. 
   I've often been told that I have an old soul and I'm beginning to understand what people say more and more every day. Being alone (by yourself) just means that you've got great comany. And being alone is a lot better than being surrounded by people and being lonely. 

http://elitedaily.com/life/72-ways-refuse-accept-emptiness/895094/

K.P.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment