Sunday 25 January 2015

Literature: 2015 Reading Challenge

   Good morning dearest readers! As I prepare myself for another day of reading and homework, I thought I'd take the time to write an entry to the blog. I am proud to report that I've written a new song that will soon be featured (just as soon as I get rid of this nasty cold I got). With that being said, I thought I'd introduce you all to an intriguing challenge I encourage you to take up, or maybe to find your own to complete.
   On New Years, I revised my 30 before 30 list to make sure that everything was possible, but that everything was specific as well. I also wanted to make sure that all the items were all things I really wanted to do. Doing that, I substituted the Rory Gilmore Reading Challenge for the 2015 Reading Challenge; it's just as intense, only it doesn't last as long. It's not that I don't mind the challenge, I simply am excited to read something of my own choosing since these past years I've been stuck reading for school.
   I've recently met a friend of a friend of mine and I found out that in his lifetime, he had only read one book from cover to cover. I do not judge him at all, and I hope that he can get over this hypersensitivity to reading. It's not shock I feel for him but a small amount of pity because though he strives to live life to the fullest, he's only lived one life. Thomas Aquinas once wrote "beware of the 'homo unius libri'" which means 'beware of the man of one book'. Therefore I encourage you to encourage others to live many lives to the fullest and to search for wonders that reality cannot always give us. What will your selections be for the 2015 Reading Challenge?

K.P.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment