Wednesday 14 September 2016

Laughter: Pulling a "KYLA"

   Happy hump day dear readers! Another Wednesday announces another week half over already but boy, there is still so much to do! Whether it's finishing off a projet by the end of the week, or getting all of your plans straightened out for the weekend, it seems as though we cannot always keep up with the ticking minutes.

   With that on my mind, I woke up this morning, mentally preparing myself for yet another busy day when I got a text from Riley in our group chat with Katie. He simply stated that he had just pulled a "Kyla" as he so stated it. The first thing I thought of was that he said one thing but meant something else, or that he laughed strangely and people looked at him like he wasn't all that sane. I thought maybe he tripped on a flat surface, but that would be pulling a "Katie", so it couldn't be that. I then asked him to explain what he meant by pulling a "me", and he replied that a homeless man had asked him if he could buy him a chocolate bar to eat, and Riles proceeded to do so, AND gave that man a Tim's card too. The man was very grateful and replied "thanks man, just trying to get through the day".

   I was and am truly touched that pulling a "Kyla" is doing a good deed for someone who needs it. If I wasn't sure what my purpose in life would be, or if I ever felt like I hadn't accomplished anything, I feel that if I were to die today and the only thing I would leave behind is that, I'd be one of the luckiest people. I guess I've been living my life right this whole time, and I just didn't necessarily know I was making such a difference. Today is a good day my dearest readers!

K.P.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment