Friday 9 September 2016

Love: For the Love of all Things...Vegetarian

   Good morning dear readers! What a week it has been, but lo and behold, the weekend has arrived. I'm sure you've all been quite busy with everyone settling back into their routines and all (as am I), but it's good to find some time to step back and let go.

   Yesterday I had the pleasure of taking my great aunt Madeleine to dinner at a cute little restaurant/café I had never heard of before. We had gone out to dinner together once before (during my first week on the job), but the restaurant that we wanted) which was the one we had the pleasure of going to last night) was closed, so we decided on this great Mexican restaurant near by called Pancho Villa. Though yesterday, however unfortunate our first attempt to eat at this café was, was well anticipated and did not disappoint.

   This vegetarian café is called Blossom; and it is absolutely delightful. It is intimate and cozy, and has something for everyone. Even if you're not a vegetarian (like me), it's definitely worth it. I had an amazing burger made out of Romano cheese and sweet potatoes, with some tangy coleslaw and BBQ sauce. That in itself was one of my top 10 burgers I've ever had, and though I not too proud to admit (or maybe I am) I've had my fare share of really good (and really bad) burgers.

   What's cool with this place is that they also have vegan and gluten free options. When a place boasts about being able to cater to such specific needs, I'm always skeptical about the taste. Often we don't necessarily associate healthy with tasty, but I couldn't have been more wrong for this great place. If I could guarantee that I could eat food like that every day, I could easily become a vegetarian, and have no regrets. What's also really cool is that with their amazing menu, they also try to use local produce when they can. I've said it once, and I'll say it again, it's always good to support local businesses.

   So if you're ever in the neighbourhood, check out Blossom on the corner of Elgin st. and Gilmour st. my dearest readers. And if not, try to find fun new twists on classic meals you enjoy before going out to local shops and supporting your community. Investing in yourself and your community will be the best ways to spend your money!




K.P.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment