Sunday 7 December 2014

Laughter: Bath and Body Works Blunder

   Good morning my dearest readers! I am in a much better mood since exam season has started, and as odd as that might sound, it simply means that I get to study in peace without worrying about attending my classes in between. My focus is better and thus, my mood slightly more cheerful. With Christmas slowly creeping up on us, I find myself using my study breaks to get into the holiday spirit and to prepare myself for the impending time of joy and family.
   In an earlier post, my roommate Katie pointed out a quote where I had mentioned that bad things seem to happen every now and then, but they seem to be funnier and more frequent with Riley. Well, the title to today's entry is not about me. My roommates convinced me to get out of the house for a bite to eat, and at the end of dinner, Riley had errands he needed to run. We weren't going to leave him do everything alone, so we resolved to accompany him and get a Canadian delicacy: Beaver Tails. We had to pass through the mall to get to the pharmacy, when we passed by the story Bath and Body Works. I will admit that I do like the store, they've got good variety, but my roommates have taken almost a religious liking to it because of their scented candles. With all of their different sizes and smells, our apartment is taking on the vibe of a Christmas bakery. However, with Katie's convincing, Riley had decided to switch his small candles for the bigger ones knowing that they would last him longer. Wanting to put them back in their proper spot, Riley had noticed that one of the shelves was loose so he put it on the next one to avoid an accident. However, the top shelf that was free, had the same defect of the one he had avoided and thus, a number of candles fell to the ground. Katie and I were further into the store looking for a specific candle Riley wanted. At the sound of the crash, Katie simply looks at me and says: "Was that Riley?" before looking around the corner and bursting into laughter.
   Contrary to popular belief I felt bad and went to help Riley who was holding up the shelf to avoid having the surviving candles fall to the ground and join the rest of them. Once Katie composed herself, she helped and all was well. Riley did buy the larger candles, and Beaver Tails were now necessary to restore his spirit. I don't know how it's possible, but all of these unfortunate things keep happening; Riles just might be a walking hazard.
   In all bad circumstances, always help the people who are in the blunder before bursting into laughter. Then it will look like you're laughing with them and not at them, however bad you want to. Through all of our odd roommate dynamic, we will always embarrass each other, point it out, but still support one another in the end. Keep your head up, because it won't be the last embarrassing thing to happen, and it won't be the worst. The good thing about it? You'll have great stories to tell.

K.P.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment