Tuesday 30 December 2014

Literature: Calling All Readers!

   Good afternoon my dearest readers and today I am writing a second time to ask for your help. With the New Year creeping just around the corner, I have decided to make big steps in the creation of my Right to Read project. I'm looking at documents (laws and regulations) to create a Non-Profit Organisation so that I can help as many people as I can. Whether or not you remember, creating the Right to Read organisation is part of my 30 b4 30 and I'd like to get a head start on it.
   I've been doing my research but there is always a possibility that something falls through the cracks. I want to avoid that as much as possible so I'm asking for your help. The Right to Read organisation is geared to help communities who do not have the resources to acquire books for their own. I wish to send a variety of them so that the community might have them at their disposal for recreational purposes, or for research.
   I personally know that I would not be the same person I am today without the influence of books, and I want to make sure that everybody has the same chance to be influenced by the wonders literature offers. What I ask of you today is to post in the comment section either links to lists of remote communities, or even the name of isolated communities that could use books in their town (or schools). It's an opportunity to come together and help those who might not know what they're missing, or that reserve their funds for things more necessary to their communities. A little leisure is good, and I'd like to offer it to those who might not be able to afford it.
   Your help if greatly appreciated by me, and those who you will be helping!

K.P.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment