Tuesday 30 December 2014

Literature: Literary Indecision

   Good morning dearest readers! I am keeping my word as I attempt to post entries almost every day now. I think I've been quite successful to this point. As I looked back on previous entries, I realized that I hadn't released a literature post in some time so I've decided that it was now necessary to balance out the distribution of the 3 L's.
   This morning, I find myself stuck between a few of my hobbies. It would be great to sit around and catch up on some of the TV shows I've been wanting to see, but I want to take the opportunity to write since I haven't been able to let my mind wander by itself for quite some time; lastly I would love to read and get new inspiration to sustain my imagination. I was lucky enough to receive a variety of books for Christmas (some French, Horror, Humoristic Fiction and Fantasy) but I can't seem to make up my mind for where I want to start.
   I know I can't start with my French book since it's the tenth in the series and I've only had the chance to read up to the seventh. I would love to read a Horror book but I read one of that genre as one of the last books I've read. I started to read the new Thomas King novel which is The Back of the Turtle which is a type of Humoristic Fiction, but I've been dying to read some Fantasy. Next semester I have a feeling that I might have to read Tolkien for one of my classes and I've been wanting to read the Hobbit for quite some time, so I started it last night, putting on hold my Thomas King.
   One of the hardest parts about being an avid reader with a limited amount of time to read is the excruciating burden of having to choose. I wish that I could spend my days simply reading one book after the other (of course reading books that I've chosen myself) and to spend the rest of my time writing my own. However life doesn't not wait for a person who lives with her head in the clouds but it doesn't mean that I'll stop imagining either. It simply means that I must plan my vacations wisely. I invite you dearest readers to make a list of pros and cons, or simply to flip a coin for which book you'd like to read next because picking a favorite book is very much so like choosing a favorite child; something you can think about but can't have the heart to admit in the end. Budget your time and let your mind wander to whichever world your story takes you.


K.P.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment