Wednesday 31 August 2016

Love: Quarter of a Century

   Hello dear readers! Today's entry will be a short one but important nonetheless since someone very important to me is turning a quarter of a century today. Yes, my older brother Nicholas has officially turned 25 today.

   Through everything we've been through, (though not always easy) we've stuck together. My parents have always told us that in this world of ours, we only have one brother (or one sister) so it's important that we take care of each other. I think we've managed to do that over the years. We've definitely kept each other laughing, kept each other smiling and have always tried to be there when it matters (even if it's not physically being there). Our lives have brought us to different corners of the province, and sometimes, to different corners of the world, but we always make sure to meet somewhere in the middle. Just like when I skyped in a phone call with my family last night as my parents, and all four of my grandparents went down south to celebrate my brother's birthday.

   So as he starts his new life in Oshawa, and I tackle mine in Ottawa, he officially enters the adult life with the support of his family, and the love of those who matter most to him. And though I only met him 22 years ago, I'm sure that I've made up for lost time. Donc mon cher grand-frère, je te souhaite une merveilleuse fête, et plusieurs autres dans le futur!


K.P.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment