Monday 6 October 2014

Laughter: First Time for Everything

   Good evening dearest readers! I'm taking a quick break from my long list of things to do this week to post this entry because I got to have a great experience this past Sunday. Lately, I've found myself planning and organising everything I'm doing to make sure everything gets done in time, and that's fun, but there comes a time in every person's life where they wish there wasn't a list and that life could actually be spontaneous without having to live with the consequences. I can't wait until next week when I'll be able to breathe a little more, but I'm still waiting on answers so I can plan (ironically enough) which will allow me to finally relax a little.
   What I had the privilege to do on Sunday was work with Patricia at Ottawa Geek Market and sell her novels at her booth. I am proud to say that I sold three of them in an hour and a half. I stayed a little while longer to learn from the master because self-promotion is not an easy thing, especially with such a specific genre. With her, nothing seems impossible and I did learn a few tricks. I can't wait to put it into practice (well that is when I actually become a published author), but little by little, I'm putting myself out there and taking more risks than I used to. I keep working on my newest novel and I'm looking into more writing competitions.
   Every little bit helps when you're not sure where to start. Even if some of the points were a little awkward with the small talk that Patricia made to bring the conversation back to her novels, I learned that life's too short and everybody knows things that they don't always want to admit. Shake off that shell and live a little. Things that might seem a little bit awkward in the beginning come natural to others. Everyone's human, so there's nothing to hide.



K.P.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment