Sunday 26 October 2014

Literature: Not in my Right Mind

   Good afternoon dearest readers, I hope you are all well. So many things have happened this week; some have been tragic and some I have rejoiced in. If you have watched the news, you have been aware of the events that happened in Ottawa on Wednesday, therefore I do not need to relate those sad events, but send my deepest condolences to the family of the fallen soldier. What was happy was my Friday night which allowed me to go bridal gown shopping with Katie, which she returned the favor by making me try on bridesmaid gowns. They are much better than what I was expecting from traditional dresses.
   But I do not intend to use this entry to describe my entire week because I am short on time. Yes once again I must cut my entries short and I apologize. It is not something I plan on doing every week, simply on the weeks that I feel that my mind has left my body. The life of a student is always tougher during the months of October and November. People claim to hate December because of exams, but I'd argue with those people that it's actually easier because you don't have to go to school in between your exams and that you can actually dedicate entire days to master your subject instead of feeling preoccupied and overwhelmed with everything else you have to learn at the same time. Midterms are not a fun thing my friends but the good thing that does come out of it, is that you feel like a huge weight has been lifted off of your shoulders when it is done, and you look forward to when it will all be done. Plus the satisfaction of it all is quite rewarding; I always feel like I've conquered a beast (and if you look at some of the volumes of work I have to read, there isn't that much of a difference).
   The best thing to do is to make sure you eat, that you have your favourite playlist on repeat that that you have ample amount of whatever warm beverage you love. Complete and utter comfort is the only way such a things as midterms can be vanquished. I encourage you to take a deep breath, take my advice and to picture yourself in a heroic tale since it might just be the perfect outlet to make this easier to pursue. Study well, study hard and see you all on the other side!




K.P.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment