Tuesday 28 October 2014

Love: The Poet and the Author Share One Mind

   Good morning my dearest readers and I truly hope that the weather has not put a damper on your spirit. I'm working hard to stay on top of all of my midterms and now I've decided to take a break before my mind splits and I find myself with multiple personalities so that they can each take a turn writing one of my exams.
   I've decided to write two short poems for today's entry since I haven't published any of my poems other than an autobiographical one very early in the beginnings of the blog itself. The ones I'll be posting are two of my favorites that I've ever written. They are simple, and sometimes, I find that writing less (or saying less) gets people's attention a lot more than a long description and complicated wording.
 
From Thee to Thee
 
For those who say but won't hear thee speak,
LISTEN.
To those who hath heard but shy away in speech,
TALK.
For whom sees all but closes thy heart,
LOVE.
To whom feels deeply but shuts thy eyne,
SEEK.
For all who hide but wish to act,
GROW.
To all who do but should retreat,
REFLECT.
 
 
Five Lessons
 
Time,
Ticks by, knowing why
Blink of eye, cease to try,
To stop it.
 
Love,
Heart pounds, can't touch the ground,
Lost and found, one single bound,
To reach it.
 
Faith,
Holy might, seek the light,
Crusaders fights, know what's right,
To find it.
 
Truth,
Righteous swear, wrong beware,
To heart's compare, chief's declare,
To leave it.
 
Life,
Exciting start, bear the mark,
Story sparks, fear the dark,
That ends it.
 
 
K.P.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment