Saturday 5 July 2014

Laughter: Not Your Typical Night

   Good afternoon my dearest readers and I hope you are keeping cool in this heat. This week is prime time for festivals in Ottawa and I'm finding myself able to attend Bluesfest. I'm loving the different musical acts, good friends and long nights. It's a little less appealing when I need to wake up early in the morning for work, but I also know that I get to go home next weekend and for that I can't wait. 
   Today's entry is simply to explain a funny thing that happened last night when my friend Françoise and I were walking back to the bus stop. Usually people are paranoid when they walk home but my dear friend and I were chatting it up and thinking of good times when something made us stop dead in our tracks and sprint down the street. Are you feeling a little nervous for us? Well don't because I thought quickly on my feet. What scared us wasn't a person, or someting horrible, but a racoon that was trying to climb a tree. His eyes glowed red as they were reflected in the light and I hushered my dear Françoise to hurry since she didn't realize what it was right away. Once everything was understood, we bolted down the street like the end of the world was right on our tail. 
   This just goes to show my dearest readers that in the best of days, the most unexpected things can happen. You still need to be aware of what's around you, but when unexpected things do happen, they become really good stories to tell.

K.P.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment