Wednesday 2 July 2014

Laughter: A Day without Laughter is a Day Wasted

   Good afternoon dearest readers and I hope you all had a wonderful Canada Day yesterday. I celebrated wholeheartedly yesterday as I walked the Capital's streets and took it all in. I had the pleasure of spending the day with my wonderful friends and we saw quite the amazing things. If ever there is a day to visit Ottawa, Canada Day is the day because I don't think I've seen the city so alive in one moment; it's actually quite breathtaking. Today's post is slightly short, as I'm still trying to get back into the writing groove, so here I go.
   Like I mentioned above, Canada Day was simply incredible and it's really something I'd love to do all over again, once more in the Capital. However, the weather was seriously as indecisive as it could have been yesterday. There was incredible heat, humidity, tornado watches, severe thunderstorm warnings followed by unexpected, yet brief downpours. All of this believe it or not, took place in one day. The musical acts chosen for the day were quite good, and the Parliament hill was alive with the sound of music (I couldn't help myself with that one).
   At the end of the day, there were fireworks, and another torrential downpour. My friends and I weren't caught in a little bit of rain before we actually ever saw any of the street performers, but we were drench through and through for a good 5 minutes in the afternoon when we were looking for the ideal firework observation spot. We were the only ones walking without any cover, and it became almost the highlight of my day. What better way to cool off then to jump and run around in Mother Nature's sprinkler.
   So if ever you have the chance my dear readers, visit the city's capital for our country's birthday because the energy is tantalizing, the food is good and the friends are better. If you are enjoying yourself, the weather will never put a damper on your plans because it simply becomes an unplanned bonus to an overall great day.
 
K.P.H.


No comments:

Post a Comment