Thursday 17 July 2014

Love: Being Happy with Who You Are

   Hello dearest readers and won't you join me as I deliver on the third entry today to make up for my absence in the last twelve days. I got to talk about vacations and writing in the two past entries, and they somehow both have something in common, (other than the fact that they both feature me). In reality, they both focus on ways to improving who you are. One is more focused on rest & relaxation while the other works your mind.
   I am constantly working on ways to improve and better myself, but that doesn't mean that I don't like the person that I am. Sure I can wish that I'd be thinner, or shorter, or have brown hair, or green eyes, but those a trivial things that wouldn't make me any less me than I already am. Those are all things that I could change if I wanted to, but I am happy with who I am, and I like ME.
   I don't want to sound conceited and I promise this declaration has a point. A singer I truly admirer recently released an empowering song to encourage everyone (but geared more towards girls) to love themselves. There is so much pressure with how we look that skin-deep beauty seems to be the only concern. It really doesn't matter if others don't like you; the worst thing happens when you don't like yourself. Be happy with the great person that you are because regardless of what you think, you are unique and you are the only you on this earth. So be that you that you are because everyone else is taken. And even if I don't know you, you who is reading my own words, I know that you is pretty damn awesome and YOU shouldn't change. This singer's name is Colbie Caillat, and she rejected photoshop, makeup and everything that's false in front of the camera to show others that it's okay to be you all the time, and people will love it. The song Try, by Colbie Caillat is my song of the week, and I encourage you not only to listen, but to seek to understand.

Try - Colbie Caillat

K.P.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment