Thursday 17 July 2014

Literature: World Literature Today (WLT)

   Good evening my dear readers, and now we transition into the second entry of the four I will be posting today. I think the two others will probably both be Love entries since I realized I haven't posted any of it in a while; (I'm trying to make everything balanced and fair). So with that, this literature entry will be a shorter one, simply because it has been talked about not too long ago.
   One thing that comes with my passion for writing is discovering countless ways to better myself. Upon listening to Ottawa author Patricia K. McCarthy, she admitted that she had gotten her big break and her initial inspiration from writing short stories for different magazines. Then, building from her idea, I've subscribed to a couple of writing magazine; one that simply gives tips on writing and where to submit, and the other being World Literature Today.
   The first issue I picked up, I was fortunate enough for it to be a double issue and therefore I get to have more of its content at first discovery. There are a lot of interesting articles (fiction and non-fiction) as well as short stories, poems and opinion pieces. I've been following certain trends and taking up advice from international authors. It's the best way to explore a vast amount of writing with little travelling. I'm considering submitting some of my pieces to magazines as well, and maybe get some experience that way so that publishing houses will look at my experience instead of my age.
   No matter the obstacle that you must face, there is always more than one choice; heck even an ultimatum gives you two options. Keep in mind dearest readers that things might not always be easy, but if everything came easy, then success wouldn't taste as sweet with all of the work put into it. Your goals should remain high, just like your expectations to succeed.

K.P.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment