Saturday 23 August 2014

Laughter: Ice Bucket Challenge

   Good morning my dearest readers! I hope you are all well rested or still resting on this fine Saturday. I'm getting ready for my Saturday shift and it's turning out to be a beautiful day. I realize that it's already August 23rd and that my post have been few this month (one reason being I was on my vacation where there was no reception or internet) but I will really try to post a lot more for the last week and few days that are left.
   This morning's post is due to a trend that has been sweeping the nations; the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. Many celebrities are participating as well as many non-famous people. It's the quickest I've seen a cause get so much coverage in so little time. It is a great cause, if people are actually donating to it. It is not just to do the challenge to say that you have done it, but to know what it's actually about and make a difference. If you have been nominated, it is not just so that you can pour a bucket of water on yourself while you wear your swimsuit; the intentions are much more meaningful so you should put more emphasis on the cause than on yourself.
   With that said, some of my co-workers have done it and have donated to the cause, and because of this, this trend is passing through the university. All of it is doing good, but once in a while, it seems that not everyone has the coordination to pull off such a task. So if you are nominated, make sure you heart is in the right place and that you do have the strength to actually lift the bucket because some people only get an A for effort.

ALS Ice Bucket Challenge Fails

K.P.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment