Wednesday 20 August 2014

Love: The Soul of the Island

   Good morning dearest readers and I hope you have either slept well last night or are still sleeping well at this point. I'm up early since I'm getting ready for work but while browsing on my phone this morning, I stumbled upon some of the pictures I took while vacationing on Manitoulin Island. If you've read some of the older posts you know that Manitoulin Island is my favorite place on this planet and that I crave to go back the second I leave it. Well I'm missing it already so it's a good thing that I took pictures.
   The ones I will post are taken during my favorite part of the day there. Sure I like my mornings since I go for coffee with my dad but I don't have the chance to look at the sunrise. And I like the afternoons since we go golfing, or kayaking, or spend time with family, but the weather changes out throughout the day. The one time of day that continues to be utterly beautiful is the sunset. We've recently had a string of bad weather and I did feel it on the island but regardless of rain or cloudy days, the sunset was always breathtaking.
   When I see the sky the way you'll be able to see in the pictures, my mind is filled with wonder as I try to imagine if aboriginal mythology is correct. Maybe, just maybe the island does have a soul and it reflects and grabs hold of my attention with its mesmerizing sunsets. Regardless of what I think, I just know that its a time of peace and reflection, and one of the main reasons why I keep going back.




K.P.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment