Tuesday 27 May 2014

Laughter: The Infamous Journal

   Good morning dearest readers! I have finally found some time in my busy schedule this morning to write a short post. I've gotten dressed, made my lunch and re-read my essay that I need to submit this evening; everything is going by smoothly. As I read over the last couple of entries, I realized that I haven't written a laughter post in quite some time, so this morning, I'm bringing it back. There have been many interesting things happening lately, well with my job, summer class, the writing workshop and my on-going social life (the last one being my mom's favorite up to now since she thinks that I don't get out enough). Nonetheless, I'm pleased up to now with how I'm spending my time.
   So for this morning's post, we come full circle to the 'stuff Riley says' journal Katie and I started earlier this year. Its pages are being filled slowly but surely, and after my friends from work came over for dinner before we went to a work party, they discovered it and realized that we should have a similar book for the clever remarks that happened between us. But not only for the summer team, but make it as a kind of ambassador tradition where the whole team documents funny moments so that they can be remembered forever.
   It's true that some jokes are only funny the moment of, but some are worth remembering even if the punch line fades away a little every year. Heck, even some of the jokes Shakespeare wrote are still remembered even if they're not exactly fully understood. Some things are timeless, and a good laugh with some good friends should be something worth remembering.

K.P.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment