Saturday 10 May 2014

Laughter: Squirrel Scare

   Good afternoon dearest readers! I know that I've been getting behind on my entries, and I'm slowly starting to think that establishing a set morning schedule for when to post entries might be a little unrealistic, and I don't want to disappoint those who might be reading them more frequently, so from now on, I will post as often as I can, but it might be more towards the afternoons and evenings because of my busy work schedule. If you want to check once or twice a week to see the entries, that might work better for all of us.
   Now today's entry is about a co-worker of mine; not only can I talk about my roommates, but I'm getting so close to my co-workers that it makes working everyday really something that's quite fun. I don't think that I've loved a job so much since the first year that I worked at M&M's. Anyways, yesterday afternoon when my friend Ryan and I were getting ready to close up, we headed outside and he almost knocked me over when he yelled and back up abruptly. I thought someone was trying to get into our work after closing up, but it turns out that it was a squirrel that was perched up on the bench next to the door. He's from a small town of less than 200 people in Newfoundland and he tried explaining to me that their squirrels are the size of our chipmunks. Once I stopped laughing, I reassured him that it was quite fine to have gotten startled, and that I was simply not expecting a reaction like that from him.
   I'm so grateful that I get along with everyone on the summer team, and that I always have support from someone whether I'm at home or at work. Another funny thing is that even our boss can't get around the fact of how well we all go together. She even confusedly asked where "Ryla" was and then corrected herself by asking where Ryan and Kyla both were. So now, we're the office's new 'celebrity couple' of the summer. I think the best part of that is that it's not the first part that my name gets mixed up; Katie's mom asked her how Ryla was doing (meaning Riley and Kyla) at the time.I think the best solution for me to stop being called upon as Ryla, is to stop being friends with so many people who's name starts with "Ry".
   If ever you find yourself in a similar position dearest readers, there are always solutions to the problem, or you can learn to embrace it! Now go outside and take advantage of the glorious weather right now.

K.P.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment