Saturday 6 September 2014

Laughter: Rained Out Fun

   Good morning dearest readers and I hope that you are all having yourselves a good weekend. I myself am getting ready to go to work since I have training all weekend for this upcoming year; oh how I love my job!
   Last night, the city of Ottawa experienced a very violent and strong thunder storm. Katie is terribly afraid of them and she was stuck home alone since both Riley and I were at work. I was inside the whole day so I wasn't really affected by it, but Katie looked completely relieved when I walked through the door. One of the funniest things was that Riley lost power at work and even their back-up lights went out. He looked thrilled when he came home with his drenched coat that was still dripping when he hung it up. I don't always take pleasure in people's misfortunes, but Riley somehow always seems to make it look funny when something bad happens to him.
   Now I don't want you to think that I'm a careless person; no, quite on the contrary. But if we were to take everything so seriously and make a big fuss about the little things, well everyday would seem like a rainy day instead of being filled with beautiful sunshine. It's always better to see the good in the bad rather than the bad in the good. Knowing that both are in every situation is realistic, but what defines your attitude is which one you choose to nurture.

K.P.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment