Wednesday 17 September 2014

Love: Grumpy Cat

   Good morning dearest readers. It's Wednesday and the week is halfway done. I can't believe it because we're closing in on finishing the 3rd week of September already. Many of you might be intrigued with today's title since the figure of Grumpy Cat is quite the famous one around the world. I myself enjoy its dry, sarcastic humour because sometimes it's so blunt but so true.
   I've had quite the momentous couple of weeks with so many things happening at once all the while catching a cold I'm still trying to get over. I've had a lot more trouble with classes this year than any other and I find myself only following four instead of my usual five this semester. That means I'll either be following a super intense second semester or find myself in summer (spring) school all over again. You do what you have to do so you don't go insane too. I had to meet with a professor and the meeting didn't go as well as I'd had hoped, so this is how it all came around to it.
   All of this put me in a relatively bitter mood especially since I had a lot of homework and assignments to complete, because I want to get ahead on homework before I leave for Toronto this weekend since I do want sometime to relax. My roommates finished at the same time I did, but decided to go to the mall; they invited me but I declined because I wanted to talk to my mom about what I had decided to do, (I'm the kind of person who feels like when I can't do it, I call my mommy -- and that's okay because a lot of people do and parents think about what's good for you). So once I hung up with my mom, I started some homework and ate dinner. Katie and Riley were taking some time to get home but I was in my room when they came back. They called me downstairs and when I went to see them, they were holding up (and I quote) a "cheer up" gift.
   They had gotten me candy that Riley picked up (because he wanted to contribute) and an adorable mini Grumpy Cat plush toy. He might be grumpy but he made me smile, as did my roommates. They know me too well and I am forever grateful to these dear people who continue to think about me. The greatest thing is knowing you have people who know just what you need and when you need it without you having to tell them what's wrong; these are the kind of people you need to surround yourself with.

Meet my dear Grumpy:


K.P.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment