Thursday 18 September 2014

Laughter: Student Budget

   Good morning dearest readers, and I hope you're happy it's Thursday because tomorrow is Friday! I've got quite the busy day ahead of me so I'm mentally preparing myself for this long day. I thought I'd write an entry today since I don't think I'll be able to during my weekend in Toronto, but I'll be writing once again on Monday.
   Last night Katie and I got to partake in a free live cooking show that we were invited to because of our participation at the Bridal Show. It was at a place I had never heard of before but it was quite insightful. We had a good dinner that was prepared quickly AND on top of all of that, it was healthy. The point of it all was that for the company to show off their products and to hope that the attendees will buy them at the end of the night. Usually the whole thing was designed for couples, but since Katie's fiancé was 8 hours away, and that I had attended the Bridal Show with her, they had accepted us to go together. The one problem with that is that they were trying to sell REALLY nice but REALLY expensive products to students who are trying to not dig a deeper hole in which we already find ourselves.
   We were the youngest ones there, and probably some of the most impressed, but we could not afford it. Most of all of the employees were taking their turns trying to show us different deals and trying to persuade us with cheaper options, but I didn't feel like paying 25$ a month for the next 4 years while I'm still trying to pay off my tuition.
   I understand that everybody has a job to do, and everyone wants to prove that their product is the best, but there are only so many ways I can say NO in a polite manner before people start to get on my nerves. So if ever you find yourself in a similar position, keep your word and stand your ground because someone else will buy what they want and it will not have made that big of a difference. If you expect to get everything you want right from the beginning with little work to it, then you have nothing to look forward to, nothing to work for, and nothing to hope for.

K.P.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment