Monday 15 September 2014

Love: There's Sadness In Her Smile and Joy In Her Tears

   Good morning my dearest readers and I hope you have all enjoyed your weekend. Mine was spent on a roller-coaster of emotions as one event on Saturday was sad and the other on Sunday was happy. Good things and bad things can arise in any kind of situation but it is our reaction to it that truly showcases the outcome.
   On Saturday, my family gathered around to celebrate the life of my dearly departed great uncle Roger. He was an amazing man that had accomplished amazing things; many of which most people probably don't know. I had heard most of the stories when I was four or five, so I didn't remember most of them. It was a big shock, but also quite sweet to see everyone that showed up to say their goodbyes. There were family members I hadn't met yet, and others I hadn't seen in twelve years. I got to be reacquainted with some cousins that were actually my age for a change. One of them (and I'm super excited about this) is actually going to school at the University of Ottawa!
   On Sunday, Katie got us tickets so that we could attend the bridal show in Ottawa. I had been to craft shows and different exhibitions with my mother but never would I have expected such a turnout. It was actually quite fun! I made sure to get all of the info while Katie looked around; I got us good spots for the fashion show so Katie could really see things that she liked; and I also made sure to look out for things that I thought Katie would really like all the while making sure she entered every possible draw she could (free stuff is always good stuff). We finished the show with a lot of info and ideas in our heads as we headed off for lunch at a new sushi place, to then go back home and end the night with a few episodes of our favorite show.
   The biggest thing in life is that people have a hard time knowing when it's okay to be sad, and when it's okay to feel happy. Some might feel isolated and alone with one, while others might feel guilty if they feel too much of the other. Whether you've figured this out or not, life is a balancing act, and it's okay to feel both deeply and whenever you feel them. There's always a tint of sadness in every smile, and a tear of joy for every one shed in heartache. So ride the roller-coaster and let your heart feel all that it can because it is better to feel everything so deeply than to feel nothing at all.


K.P.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment