Thursday 4 September 2014

Love: Scare Away the Dark

   Good morning dearest readers as I greet you with a second shorter entry. I've recently figured out how to create playlists on Youtube and it has been the grandest of time. I've also been able to find one of the songs I've been searching for ever since my dad and I heard it on a special edition of Coffee House radio on his Sirius radio while we made our way back from Manitoulin Island.
   It easy for us to listen to music while accomplishing a task we are doing in hopes that it makes the time go by quicker, or that it will give us the energy to keep going, (I always find an upbeat playlist to listen to when I'm cleaning). What doesn't always happen is when we stumble upon a song that speaks to us in ways we can't fully explain because it seems to understand the current struggles we might be facing.
   For me, it's a song by Passenger (one of my favorite artists at this time), and its title is the same as the entry's: Scare Away the Dark. I've been listening to it at least once a day and it gives me an added boost to remind myself that the choices I've made are good ones, that I'm living my life in a way that is good and that it's okay to be happy with what I have. It truly is incredible the things a song can tell you even when you think you're not really listening. So listen to my song, or you might have your own already in mind; it's always a good way to start your day with a smile on your face and peace in your heart.

Scare Away the Dark - Passenger

K.P.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment