Sunday 19 January 2014

Literature: The Hunt for Gold

   Good day mate, and let it be a good day for you, dearest readers! I thought that I should write about literature since it is the theme that has been written the least about and I'd like to write about not a specific book, but the place where to get them.
   Don't get me wrong, I'm a sucker for Chapters, Coles, and Indigo stores since I can get a great number of new releases and series, but my soft spot lies within those old, sheltered, little independently owned book shops. There aren't too many book shops in my home town up north, but there quite the number in the capital city. One of my favorite stores is on Bank street and it has a great variety of the old, leather detailed books, with some colourful paperbacks as well as an entire extra level dedicated to French books. It is beautiful and I can find myself spending hours just walking around and basking in the presence of all of this literary genius. One of my favorite parts about these old books stores is not just the esthetic appeal, or the pride of the shop keeper, but the musky smell that accompanies a well read and experienced novel.
   When I have the chance to travel, I always look for one of these book stores, because I like to be able to see where my passion will lead me. So if you stumble upon one of these hidden treasure areas, feel free to take time and browse around because you don't always have to stop and smell the roses, you can do what I do, and stop and smell the wonderful books. Have yourself a wonderful day dear readers, and remember that if you read a book, today might just be made eternal within it.

K.P.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment