Friday 24 January 2014

Literature: An Ode to Me

Buenos días queridos lectores (good morning dear readers), and let it be a good one as I channel the heat from the Spanish language to warm up the weather here. I have decided to write you all a poem on this fine morning in order to tell you more about me. The rhythm to this poem is easy, and the rimes might be a little odd; it's because when I was told to write it, my teacher wanted me to Dr. Seuss-it a little, so that it could be a tad more comical. Here is goes!

How pleasant to know Miss Heyming,
A lost in her thoughts kind of girl;
Who spends all her days just dreaming
Of all great impossible worlds
 
She has such a useless knowledge;
Some tend to think her a bore.
She's not one who's vertically challenged,
She had imagination galore.
 
Her appearance is truly normal;
Two eyes on her face you can see.
A salutation from her can be formal,
Unless she gets stung by a bee.
 
She has not been gifted with balance.
All clear a path when she walks;
Her bruises are proof of endurance,
No speakers for her when she talks.
 
She dreams of just leaving this city
To a better, more promising land.
Where the chatting is short and witty,
Where people believe and take stands.
 
She is one who's close with her family
And kind to the friends she possesses.
She does her chores well and weekly,
This is my life I confess.
 
K.P.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment