Tuesday 21 January 2014

Love: Childhood Treasure

   Good morning dearest readers, I am a little bit later with this post than usual but it is simply because I had to go to school a little earlier than usual. Today's entry will be short and sweet; just like its title.
   When I mention a childhood treasure, I'm not talking about when we dressed up as pirates and searched for the gold, or when we opened lemonade stands and actual made a few pieces of gold. I'm talking about sentimental treasure. I myself still have two of my absolute favorite childhood belongings. One is a little baby doll that I had named Cibelle (meaning 'so beautiful') because I thought she was just the most beautiful baby I had ever seen. The other item is my baby blanket that I had called my Ti-Ti (which is short for Petit-petit; meaning little little). I wasn't very creative with names at that age but hey, which one of us actually were gifted with an immense creative ability at the age of 1 and a half. Anyways, these things I will treasure forever and they have reassured me through many tough times that I will be okay, and that no matter how bad it feels now, it will get better.
   With that said my dear readers, I hope you treasure you treasures and appreciate the past, because it is what we learn from it that gives us a better future.

K.P.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment