Thursday 23 January 2014

Literature: Surviving the Fandom

   Good morning dearest readers, let us greet the day with another entry to my blog. The weather is still cold but the sun is up. I thought for today's literature post that I would give you my opinion and tricks that I've discovered about certain fandoms. Before suggesting further reading that might not be too popular with most people, I'm going to start with concentrating on what is popular.
   I will admit from the very beginning that I have been a Twihard. I'm not too proud to say it, but it is the series that got me so swept in the moment that I began getting ideas to write out my own stories; (but nothing remotely close to the same type of vampire/werewolf story). I have read all of the books (twice), I have all of the guides, the CD's and the DVD's, as well as a music video compilation DVD and two documentaries on the subject. I was so wrapped up in the fantasy that I started making my own 'Twilight' jewelry and I possessed every single magazine I could that even mentioned one of the stars. I was a diehard twihard. With that being put out into the open, I am much better now. I still have all of my Twilight memorabilia, and though I am not even close to being in love with it as I was once before, I am still never going to sell or give away any of the items that I've collected over the years. I didn't show my craziness out in public, but I would shelter it within the confines of my home. Now everything is neatly arranged in its own separate bookshelf, and it's a reminder of past experiences. I had created this little world in itself, and immersed myself in the story; and that was okay because it gave me the inspiration to write my first story. I won't give it away now just because I hope to have it released on shelves sooner than later, and then you can read it for yourself; (create a fandom for it if you wish, I won't be opposed to it).
   Recently I have participated in the fandom related to the Hunger Games trilogy, and now, I am more controlled about it. Instead of being wrapped up with the rest of the crowd, I content myself with loving the books, seeing the movies and then owning a copy of them when they're released. I have the soundtracks, and I listened to them while I write my own stories. It's my kind of motivation to keep working hard so that one day I might find myself listening to the soundtrack made for one of my stories.
   I'd liked to mention that I wanted to read the Mortal Instruments series and the Game of Thrones series before they became famous, but now I get see the cinematographic versions once I'm done reading. I personally applaud those who attempt to make the movie, or TV show as good as the book, but the world we've created inside our minds will always be more esteemed than the revised versions (no matter how many beautiful and handsome actors you put in your productions).
   With this dearest readers, don't be afraid to jump on the fandom train because you can't go wrong with people who share a similar interest as you, but it's also alright if you wish to jump off of it, and continue on to something different. Just remember that a story doesn't have to have a fandom surrounding it to be made renowned and worthy; you are the one that places all of its worth within it.

K.P.H. 

No comments:

Post a Comment