Saturday 8 February 2014

Laughter: Contageous Movie Quoting

   Good morning my dearest readers. Yes, it is finally Saturday and I have a feeling that most of you will not be reading this until later this afternoon, (because let's be honest, Saturday is one of the only days where it's okay to sleep in and veg out). And because last night my roommates and I hung out, and had roomie bonding time (it's when we play either a question game or a board game), we found out that Katie and mine's love for Disney movies is slowly transferring over to Riley whether he likes it or not.
   I had mentioned before that I love all that is Disney, and that love continues, but we now find ourselves quoting different movies. In every kind of situations, there is always a time and opportunity to quote a phrase from one of the many, many Disney movies. What has become even funnier for Katie and I, is that Riley finds himself quoting random parts of Disney as well, (especially from the movie Frozen since Katie and I have watched it more than once around Riley, and we are constantly singing the songs). Now when Riley tries to tell us to let something go, he goes on robotically singing in his monotone voice "Let it go", until Katie and I join in and finish the song.
   Now, whether Riley likes to admit it or not, we're influencing him. Maybe soon enough, he'll be quoting Aladdin or Cinderella, (Katie and I have already spoken most of the movie once or twice). So if you find yourself bursting out into song, or cleverly quoting a movie, just let it happen because it makes life that much more entertaining. There is nothing wrong with breaking out into song, (unless you're in a meeting or in an exam); in those circumstances, it would be best to wait until it's over before starting your musical.
   Therefore my dear readers, keep your heart light and your songs loud because "music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent." -Victor Hugo

K.P.H.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment