Thursday 6 February 2014

Love: The "I Am Grateful" Project

   Good morning my dearest readers. This morning I am calling upon you to help me for a future entry. Looking at my statistics for the blog, I am pleasantly surprised and utterly humbled to see that I've had 677 people up to now that have read my blog and listened to what I have said in a matter of time just short of a month. On this note, I've had the idea to make a video with the help of my readers (whether you choose to participate or not), as well as with the help of my family and friends.
   What I would like to do is compile a video of pictures of people holding up signs stating what they are grateful for. Yesterday, I was walking to the mall, and I passed by a homeless man, and I had nothing to give him; I myself was on my way to buy jeans. As I walked into the mall, I kept thinking about that man, and how cold it was, and then I thought about what my mother does; she keeps a Tim Horton's gift card in her purse, so that if ever she passes buy someone who needs it, she's prepared. So I ran down to the Tim Horton in the mall, and bought a gift card, to then run back outside and give it to the man who had on the biggest smile I had ever seen. I'm not trying to get recognition for this, but it made me happy to help out those who weren't as lucky as I am. I continued my day by going to work, and I found myself thinking of how lucky I really was, and how grateful I am to have all that I have.
   When my mother returned from her trip to Africa with Free the Children, she would describe to us her trip and show us pictures; the one word she would use to describe it all is GRATEFUL. Grateful for the eye opening experience; grateful for what she has and the life she has; grateful were the people they were helping; and grateful were Free the Children to have so many people who are willing to help. This is all to say that it is good to take a step back and appreciate what you have. Whether it is the roof over your head, the family and friends you have, your loving family pet, or the fact that you can read that vast collection of books in your room, we all have something to be grateful for.
   With that said, I invite you and encourage you to send me a picture of what you are grateful for and you will be featured in the "Love: I Am Grateful" post, and I will also be posting it on Youtube so that others can think of what they are grateful for by your actions. So send me your picture and show the world what you are grateful for because like Gilbert K. Chesterton said: "When it comes to life the critical thing is whether you takes things for granted or take them with gratitude." So answer my picture with your own.


K.P.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment