Monday 17 February 2014

Love: Olympic Fever

   Gooooood morning dear readers! This morning's post will be short and sweet, unlike the event that is advertised in the title. I'll admit that I love the Olympics (summer and winter), just because you get people from all over the world competing in events that should defy the laws of basic human nature, and yet we find ourselves cheering people on as they attempt to do so.
   It doesn't matter which country you are from, the Olympics bring people together and they share their nation's pride. We all have our favorite event, but we will still watch all of the others as well. The opening ceremony is always an incredible sight, and it's always interesting to see how the hosting country will depict their nation's history in such a short amount of time. So not only is there great event, there's even a show! I'm also always really interested to see the future location of the next Olympics, as they name it at the end of it all.
   Since I'm Canadian, I'll admit that I'm very proud of the athletes from my country because we are doing very well in events, and we are taking home multiple medals already (and the games aren't even done yet). But, it's not only about the medals; the fact that some athletes simply qualify is incredible, because they are still considered Olympians. I like playing sports myself, but I'm pretty sure that even if I tried hard, I couldn't qualify, because some people train and acquire the skill (which is something I could do with lots of discipline), but a lot of these people also have talent (and I don't have much of that in the sports department).
   Whether you are from Canada, from a European country, or are lucky enough to have a dual citizenship, feel free to cheer on not only the athletes from your home country, but those who had the courage to participate as well. Stay true, stay proud!
K.P.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment