Monday 24 February 2014

Love: Styles that Make a Difference

   Good Morning dearest readers! I am writing my last post from home since I am going back to Ottawa today. This has been a short, but much appreciated amount of time at home, but now it's time to get back to work.
   This morning, I thought I'd talk about my kind of style; the things I like to wear, patterns I like and what not, since many people seem to wonder. If you'd like to put words to it, some people will call my style vintage on some days and the other times will call it sporty; (heck if I know because clothes are clothes). I just like to feel comfortable, yet still have pieces that are different and make a statement. I have a variety of vests that have been personalized and customized; I have vintage hats, and feathered shoes, but some of the things that help me stand out (and that are helping a cause) are my accessories.
   I have mentioned to you all before the impact that Free the Children has had on my life, and how through their values and good deeds, I am inspired to do the same. Well, Free the Children sells hand made merchandise crafted by the hands of the people in the villages that they help. They also make beautiful bamboo t-shirt where some supporting celebrities have even created certain designs. It continues with the concept of do good to feel good, but now it also helps to make you look good. I have also found another site that sells great bracelets that are both original and inspiring at the same time.
   Just because you want to make a difference, or are going through a phase where luxury cannot be part of your every day life, the merchandise sold on theses sites help you to not feel guilty about looking your best. So now you can not only influence people with your style, but you can influence them with your good deeds too. Style is what makes us stand out in a crowd when so many others can look like us.

Good Works - Jewelry

Me to We - Artisans

Me to We - Style

K.P.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment